October 1, 2018
RMEF to Host Revamped 2019 Elk Camp and Mountain Festival
MISSOULA, Mont.—Mark your calendar! The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation is excited to announce plans for its all-new Elk Camp and Mountain Festival to take place July 11-14, 2019, in Park City, Utah.
“This is a revolutionary approach to our historic national convention and one that charts a new course in scope and execution,” said Philip Barrett, Chairman of the RMEF Board of Directors. “Elk Camp will feature a wide range of interactive, family-friendly activities designed to celebrate our conservation mission, volunteers and partnerships, and appeal to everyone from our members to the general public. It will be a destination event that builds excitement and anticipation for the hunting season and reinforces the mantra that Hunting Is Conservation.”
2019 RMEF Elk Camp and Mountain Festival anchor activities:
Mountain Festival & Wild Harvest Festival
- Interactive partner displays featuring shooting, spotting, mapping and more
- Wild Harvest activations including field prep, processing and preparation of wild game
- Hunting seminars and podcasts from industry leaders
Total Archery Challenge™
- Multi-day competition with 100+ 3D targets to test marksmanship of archery skills
- Future champions course for youth/novice archers
Elk Country Film Festival & Concert
- World class music and entertainment in a festival atmosphere
- Premiere of RMEF Films and independent productions
World Elk Calling Championships & Creation of Elk Country Hall of Fame
- Awards banquet & induction ceremony
- Expansion of current format to include regional qualifiers
- Demonstrations, hunt seminars, vendor displays
Additionally, traditional RMEF gatherings will take place including the always popular Volunteer Fun Night that recognizes and honors volunteers for their efforts in raising funds and increasing outreach for the mission, Friends of the Foundation, Habitat Council and more.
“We are an outdoor-based organization so it is only fitting that our national convention centers on and features outdoor activities,” said Kyle Weaver, RMEF President and CEO. “We are excited to introduce this evolution to RMEF’s premier event while honoring and maintaining core elements that made Elk Camp what it is today.”
The Canyons Village in Park City will host the event with additional housing and camping opportunities available at other nearby locations.
More details will be released in the coming months.