April 2, 2008
‘Cowboys for Conservation’ Ties Pro Bull Riders to Elk Foundation
MISSOULA, Mont.—Different kinds of bulls, same kinds of people. That’s the spark in a new partnership to synergize growth between the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and Professional Bull Riders (PBR).
“The demographics of PBR fans are a classic match with wildlife conservationists and Elk Foundation members. This alliance will allow both organizations to reach out to a larger base of potential supporters. We’re calling it ‘Cowboys for Conservation,’” said David Allen, president and CEO of the Elk Foundation.
Before leading the Elk Foundation, Allen’s career focused on marketing the PBR tour, pro rodeo and NASCAR.
He said, “I have had the privilege of working with the PBR since they began some 15 years ago, and I’m proud of what they have become and more proud to marry them with our mission. They are our kind of folks and I thank them for their willingness to help us work for wildlife in elk country.”
Randy Bernard, PBR CEO, added, “We are very excited and eager to be associated with the Elk Foundation. This year more than 100 million people will watch PBR around the world and over 50 percent of our fans have expressed a love for the outdoors. We believe this is a great way to better expose the Elk Foundation and show how it really does make a difference for elk, other wildlife and their habitat.”
Visit Cowboys for Conservation website.
In the Cowboys for Conservation partnership, PBR will provide the Elk Foundation with:
• Fundraising Packages. PBR will provide the Elk Foundation with ticket/hotel packages to the PBR World Finals in Las Vegas. Packages will include event tickets, lodging, VIP tickets or “backstage passes” to meet the pros, and select PBR merchandise. Packages will be auctioned or raffled at many of the 500 fundraiser banquets held around the country. Proceeds will fund the Elk Foundation’s conservation mission.
• Conservation Funding. Future plans include contributions to the Elk Foundation each time a designated pro bull rider scores 90 points or more. PBR fans will be challenged to match or exceed these gifts. Additional challenge gifts will be made to the Elk Foundation in the name of PBR star competitors.
• Visibility. Booth space at 29 major PBR events, Cowboys for Conservation receptions, online ads and a special sweepstakes will give the Elk Foundation a major presence with PBR fans at various PBR events each year.
In turn, the Elk Foundation will provide PBR with:
• Sponsor Rewards. Utilizing its network of outfitter members, the Elk Foundation will host a number of hunts or outdoor adventures for PBR sponsors and VIPs.
• Outdoor Adventure Sweepstakes. The Elk Foundation and PBR will create an Outdoor Adventure Sweepstakes offered to PBR fans at PBR events, online, through both groups’ publications and general media outlets. Through its merchandise and licensing programs and network of corporate partners, the Elk Foundation will provide outdoor gear as sweepstakes prizes.
• Visibility. Banner space promoting PBR events at 500 fundraiser banquets around the country, along with print and online ads, will increase PBR visibility among Elk Foundation supporters.