June 26, 2019
Conservation Takes Top Billing at Elk Camp
MISSOULA, Mont.—An internationally-known conservationist, the natural resources lead at the U.S. Department of Agriculture, a respected elk migration researcher and the head of an outdoor industry stalwart form an impressive lineup of keynote speakers at the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation’s 2019 Elk Camp, presented by YETI.
Elk Camp and the first-ever RMEF Mountain Fest, fueled by MTN Ops, will take place July 11-14 in the Canyons Village at Park City, Utah.
“We appreciate each of our guests for accepting an Elk Camp invitation to share their vision and conservation successes with us but, more importantly, we laud them for all they do to further our mission,” said Kyle Weaver, RMEF president and CEO.
SPEAKER BIOS & EVENTS:
James Hubbard – U.S. Department of Agriculture Undersecretary for Natural Resources and Environment (7/11 Opening Ceremonies)
- confirmed by U.S. Senate in August 2018
- served 35 years with the Colorado Forest Service, including 20 years as Colorado State Forester
- served as director of the Office of Wildland Fire Coordination for the U.S. Department of the Interior
- served as deputy chief for State and Private Forestry
(7/12 Friends of the Foundation Breakfast)
- U.S. Geological Survey research scientist & lead scientist of the Wyoming Migration Initiative
- RMEF Conservationist of the Year Award recipient for 2018
- assistant professor at the University of Wyoming & leader of the Wyoming Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit
(7/12 Spike Camp)
- internationally recognized conservationist, scientist & wildlife manager
- heads up the Wild Harvest Initiative, a multi-year effort to measure and analyze the biomass of wild animal protein harvested through hunting & fishing in the USA & Canada
- president & CEO of Conservation Visions, a global wildlife initiative focused on international conservation issues
(7/14 Prayer Breakfast)
- president & CEO of Weatherby Inc., a premier American gun manufacturer since 1945
- avid hunter and outdoorsman
RMEF membership is required for all Elk Camp events. Go here for registration information. All Mountain Fest activities are free and open to the public.
In addition to Yeti and MTN Ops, other Elk Camp and Mountain Festival sponsors include ALPS OutdoorZ, Bass Pro Shops-Cabela’s, BMO Wealth Management, Browning, Buck Knives, Eberlestock, Leupold, onX Hunt, Remington, Sitka, Sportsman’s Warehouse, U.S. Bank, Traeger, Wildgame Innovations, Yamaha and others.