Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hours
Serves: 2 people
- 1 1/4 Pound Ground Turkey
- 1 Cup Fresh White Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Bunch Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 8 Ounce Mushrooms, Sliced
- 2 Shallot, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme Leaves, Finely Chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 Cup Beef Or Chicken Broth
- Salt And Pepper
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 12 Ounce Cranberries, Fresh Or Thawed
- In a medium bowl, combine all meatball ingredients by hand just until incorporated. Do not overwork. Roll into meatballs about 1-1/2” in diameter.
- When ready to cook, set the Traeger to 375℉ and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Place meatballs directly on grill grate and cook until they start to brown (about 15 to 20 minutes). Remove from grill and set aside.
- Turn grill down to 300℉. Add 1 Tbsp butter, sliced mushrooms, and shallots to a cast iron skillet and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Add the fresh thyme and cook an additional minute. Dust mixture with flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. The mixture will be thick.
- Gradually stir in broth 1/2 cup at a time, allowing mixture to come to a boil in between each addition. Add more broth until desired thickness is achieved. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return meatballs to gravy and place back on grill. Allow to braise for 1-1/2 hours or until they reach an internal temp of 155℉.
- While meatballs braise, combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Add cranberries and return to boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Remove meatballs from grill and serve with cranberry sauce. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!